First Meeting of Book Group
The only regret I have about this first meeting was that all were not able to attend today. I believe there were 13 mamas there as well as Becky Cooke and myself, who are also parents (I’m even a grandma).
I will attach in a separate box the list of ‘agreements’ or ‘norms’ we decided on together. The thought would be that these would hold true for the blog conversations as well, always remembering that anything you share in the blog is public information.
We have agreed to meet over the next 6 weeks, excluding November 10th, so mark calendars for October 20th,27th, Nov. 3rd, 17th, 24th and December 1st. We decided to read 2 chapters per week.
Our agenda was packed and fun. We each shared a bit about what brings us to the group and what we are hoping to get from it. A common theme that I heard in everyone’s comments was balance; how to balance different kids needs, how to balance individual family values with outside influences, how to balance parenting roles between self and spouse.
For those of you in attendance today, please respond to the questions I have attached in a separate post. I will also attach a list of the favorite books everyone brought to share. The ‘agreements’ will be posted as well.
Happy Reading to all!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I look forward to reading along - even though I can't be there in person!!!
Post a Comment