Monday, February 2, 2009

New Group Starting in February

We are starting a new Book Study on Tuesday mornings, beginning on February 10th and continuing on an every other week basis. The book is called:

The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A Leadership Fable About Restoring Sanity To The Most Important Organization In Your Life (J-B Lencioni Series) (Hardcover)


I have ordered 12 copies and expect them to arrive on Friday, February 5th. You may purchase from the PTO (through me) for $18.00 which includes shipping and tax.

I'm excited about this book as I have a personal connection to the author (he and my sister work together in a business consulting way) and he is hoping that we will communicate with him about our reaction and questions. I actually read the book prior to it's publishing and thought it was very powerful and appropriate for our Prairie View 'frantic' families. I include myself in that group!

"The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family is the story of Theresa and Jude Cousins. The couple is knee deep in the chaos of managing a family, a household and raising four children. Beyond the rigors of parenting, Theresa and Jude are overwhelmed by volunteer activities, business trips, family trips, soccer games, swim practice, birthday parties, play dates, Girl Scout meetings, client meetings, parent-teacher meetings, back-to-school nights, and in-law visits. As a result, they live in a constant state of hustle, with little free time to relax and communicate with one another. Theresa bears the brunt of the situation, and she has had enough."

Please let me know through this or my email (mpittz@mead.k12.wa.us) that you plan to attend and/or would like to purchase a copy.

First meeting is February 10th at 9:30 am. There is no expectation that you have read any of the book. Come prepared to have a lively discussion and make some connections.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,
I am so sorry that I will not be able to join the group this semester. I will purchase a copy of the book, however, and look forward to reading it. I'll miss everyone.

Sandra

Nicole said...

I always love a good prize :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
Sounds like they are describing my life in this book! Great find, I'd like to purchase a book and will stop in on the 5th to do so.
LF

lilow said...

Hi Mrs. Pittz - Thanks for organizing our next study group. My day to work in the classroom is Tuesday. Plus, I need to have Rocket Math graded before noon. So, I'll see if I can rearrange my schedule so that I can attend the Tuesday sessions. Lisa L.

lilow said...

Mrs. Pittz - Thanks for setting up our next book study group. I have been working in the classroom on Tuesdays and need to have Rocket Math graded by noon. So, I'll need to rearrange my schedule so I can participate in the study group. Thanks, Lisa